A Homemade Red Sauce Pasta Recipe With Tomato Ketchup – Easy And Quick!
Pasta is an exotic dish that can be enjoyed for a change from the regular food we eat every day. Have it in the middle of the week to add an unconventional twist to your food routine or have it as a weekend brunch, red sauce pasta is sure to bring a smile on your face! The best thing about red sauce pasta is that it is very simple to cook and it is ready within minutes!
The pasta of your choice cooked in a rich tomato sauce is a heavenly combination! This homemade pasta recipe provides an interesting variation to the usual and customary pasta recipe by adding tomato ketchup to it and it comes out to be absolutely delicious. If you have tomato ketchup at home well and good, if you don’t have tomato ketchup, you can easily buy tomato ketchup online for making this recipe.
Here is an easy pasta recipe with red sauce:
- 1 and ½ cup penne pasta or any pasta of your choice
- 3 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- ½ cup finely chopped onions
- ½ cup tomato ketchup
- ½ teaspoon dried chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated cheese
- ½ cup fresh cream
- Salt as per taste
To make tomato puree:
- Boil 4 large tomatoes.
- Let them cool down a little, remove the skin.
- Grind them well.
- Add the pasta in a large utensil and fill it with enough water so that the pasta is soaked properly. Cook the pasta on a small or medium flame. You must keep stirring it occasionally to avoid pasta from sticking to the utensil.
- Add 1 teaspoon of oil while cooking the pasta.
- Cook the pasta till it is properly cooked and soft. Ensure that you don’t overcook it.
- Remove the boiled pasta in a strainer and leave it aside to cool.
Making The Red Sauce Pasta
- Heat oil in a broad non-stick pan.
- Add finely chopped garlic and onions and sauté well.
- Add tomato puree and cook for a minute.
- Add best quality tomato ketchup.
- Add the cooked pasta.
- Add dried oregano and red chili flakes.
- Add sugar
- Grate some cheese while the pasta is cooking.
- Add fresh cream. Adding cream balances the tanginess of the tomatoes and gives a creamy texture to your pasta.
- Cook for some time until the sauce and the pasta is perfectly blended together.
- If you think that the pasta is too thick, you can add a little water to adjust the consistency.
- Transfer the cooked pasta in a serving bowl and garnish it with a pinch of dried oregano and grated cheese on top.
Your delectable red sauce pasta is ready! This is one of the most simple pasta recipes that is made with ingredients that are easily available. This super easy pasta recipe is loved by kids and also by people of all age groups. If you are having a small home party with family and friends, you can cook up this recipe quickly. Moreover, you can make the red pasta sauce and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator and use it whenever you wish to cook pasta the next time.
We will be more than happy to know your comments on this red sauce pasta recipe, tell us how this recipe came out for you! If you wish to make any addition to the recipe or if you have a quick tip, you are welcome to share it with us in the comments section below. Keep following our blog for delicious recipes that you can easily try at home and stay tuned to our social media pages for more food related content and information. If you like the content posted by us, we would appreciate if you share it further.